QUESTION: When all of the doors and windows are closed in your home, where does the air you breathe come from?
ANSWER: Usually comes in through leaks in the wall cavities, floors, crawlspaces, basements, and attics. These can be dark, damp spaces where unhealthy things can grow.
Did You Know?…
- 80% of construction defect litigation stems from damage caused by water intrusion.
- Occupants of homes with dampness and mold have more respiratory health symptoms, more frequent asthma attacks, and more respiratory infections such as colds and flus.
- 4.6 million cases of asthma, with an annual cost of $3.5 billion are attributable to dampness and mold in US homes.
- 15,000 schools in the US have indoor air that has been deemed unfit for children to breathe.
The Solution – Hayward Healthy Home
Unhealthy houses are an unintended consequence of the way homes have been built for the past 100 years. Healthy houses address the leaky air, moisture accumulation and chemicals in our building materials and furniture as well as carpets that collect dust, pollen and dander.
Four Principles for a Hayward Healthy Home
1. Continuous fresh air
2. Properly seal and insulate
3. Minimize toxic materials
4. Cleanable surfaces
To learn more about Hayward Healthy Home and what you can do to make sure your home is healthy, please visit the Hayward Healthy Home website or contact a Hayward Healthy Home expert at one of Hayward’s locations.